smoky, cheesy, boozy, & delicious!
• 1 tub Smoked Spero Cream Cheese
• 1/2 -1 bottle Guinness Stout Beer
• 1⁄2 cup unsweetened Soy Milk
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1 tbsp hot sauce
• 1 tbsp garlic powder
• salt / black pepper to taste
• 1 tbsp onion powder
• 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 bag vegan mozzarella shreds
• 1 pound cavatappi noodles
• 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
• 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
• 2 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp salt
• Parsley for garnish
Add all of your ingredients to a saucepan over medium heat, but add less beer and soy milk at first. As the cheese begins to melt, add more if needed to thin it out a bit.
You want to continuously whisk this mixture to prevent burning, and it should end up the consistency of a thin pancake batter.
Taste and adjust seasonings once melted.
Cook your noodles in salted water according to package instructions & mix with the sauce.
In a skillet, add your breadcrumbs, melted butter, garlic powder, and salt and cook over low heat until golden brown and toasted.
Sprinkle your toasted breadcrumbs on top of the mac and cheese, and garnish with parsley if desired!